In about one month we will all be gathering for our amazing weekend retreat!!! WE ARE EXCITED!!!
In today's update, we want to introduce you a bit better to Michelle Zemlak, our guest instructor!!
Michelle, originally from Red Deer, now residing in the cozy small town of
Delburne AB. with her best friend and hubby John aka “the nicest man in
Canada”, and her 4 fantabulous children and many furry friends who are all
more often than not the inspiration behind her designs.
Michelle is the owner & designer of a quaint scrapbook boutique
The Hope Chest Scrapbook & Gift Co. where she is fortunate enough to be
able to express her artistic abilities on a daily basis. Michelle has a passion
for all things shabby and vintage! From her old character home, vintage style décor, to her scrapbook designs, its shabby & vintage all the way!
Michelle is grateful to have found her creative outlet in scrapbooking which
has enabled her to share her passion of “Living life creatively”
with her family and others!
We are very excited to have Michelle and her quaint store "The Hope Chest" join us this year!!
A few other assorted things to note:
- a few of you have asked about the bedding at Camp Caroline... you bring your own!! The cabins all have bunk beds with mattresses, but you bring along your own pillow and bedding/sleeping bag!
- as part of a fun aspect for this year's retreat, we would like each of you bring a LITTLE gift under $5 value to do a gift exchange with another attendee! We will give you more details at the retreat, but wanted to give you the opportunity to do this ahead of time (or if you run out of time, you can buy something at the retreat! It can be scrapbooking related or not, but please keep it small and under $5 value!
- the camp has allowed us pick our menu for this year!! So know that even THAT is going to be specially designed for you!!
- if you think you've missed any of these emails or updates, know that we are also posting each one on our Scrapbook Your Heart BLOG at www.ScrapbookYourHeart.blogspot.com.
- Reminder that payment must be in the mail by tomorrow, April 15 or you need to add on an additional $20. Cheques should be made payable to "Grace Baptist Church" and mailed to:
Grace Baptist Church (attn: Scrapbook Your Heart)
2670 Radcliffe Drive SE
We still have a few spots left so please tell your friends that they can still join you!!
GBC Scrappers Team